Bank of Cyprus is presenting the digital “3rd Cyprus Anti-fraud Conference” on Tuesday, 15 December 2020. The event will run online.
This year’s Cyprus Anti-Fraud Conference will welcome a number of high caliber speakers to discuss the newest challenges facing the anti-fraud community and evaluate how one can better protect their business from fraud. Don’t miss on screen:
- Zoe Newman, one of the Managing Directors and the Co-Head of Financial Investigations at Kroll (a division of Duff & Phelps) in the UK who will discuss state-level corruption and investigation trends
- Howard Cooper, also a Managing Director and Co-Head of Financial Investigations at Kroll (a division of Duff & Phelps) in the UK who will address key money laundering risks and the dangers of becoming a facilitator to financial crime
- Kevin Humphreys, a Tax and Forensic Investigations Consultant at Integrated Dispute Resolution in the UK who will provide us with an overview of how the National Crime Agency tackles illicit finances deriving from fraud
- Raymond Bull, an Emeritus Professor of Forensic Psychology at the University of Leicester, and the Director of Professor Ray Bull and Associates Limited in the UK who will provide tips on how to help improve the interviewing of fraudsters
- Polly Wilkis, a Principal at Kobre & Kim in the UK who will discuss ways of mitigating brand damage and reducing reputation risk
- Don Randall MBE, a Senior Consultant at Bivonas Law LLP in the UK who will talk about the global reach of illicit and criminal cyber activities and the “Dark Web”
- Alexis Nicolaou, the CEO of Block.co in Cyprus who will discuss how blockchain can help combat fraud
The Chairman of this year’s proceedings will be the Group Internal Audit Director of Bank of Cyprus, and the President of the Cyprus Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Mr. George Zornas.
One of the highlights of this year’s event will be the fireside chat between the Chairman of the Conference and the RBC whistleblower John Banerjee who took on Canada’s biggest bank and a magic-circle law firm, and won.
The Conference will be conducted in English and full participation at the event corresponds up to 4 CPD units. For more information regarding the event, click here.
The Conference is addressed to professionals from the following:
- Accounting, audit and tax firms
- Insurance and re-insurance firms
- Law firms and legal consultants
- Financial services providers
- Consulting firms
- Law enforcement agencies
- Relevant regulatory authorities
The Conference is being organised in association with the Cyprus Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
For registrations, click here.
Registration fee: €60* + 19% VAT per person
*Members of supporting organisations (Cyprus Chapter of the ACFE, CFA Society Cyprus, CIF, CYFA, ICPAC and IIA Cyprus) are entitled to a 10% discount.
For further information, please contact IMH on 22505555, or via e-mail at email@example.com.